Boat Electrofishing Systems
Dependable, Efficient Equipment from ETS Electrofishing Systems
Our MBS™ and Trident Boat Electrofishing Series are 240 VAC generator-powered electrofishing systems that are a powerful tool for accurate sampling over a wide range of water conductivity. Proven and trusted performers, ETS equipment was developed with technical support from the University of Wisconsin, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, and many other federal and state agencies.
ETS Electrofishing Systems has provided quality boat, stream barge, and backpack electrofishing units to federal, state, and private agencies for over 25 years. We offer customized equipment with short lead times at the most competitive prices in the industry.
More than 900 of our systems are in service in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Australia, including over 300 boat systems. ETS control boxes are fully and quickly repairable. We offer a RUSH REPAIR OPTION at no added cost.
The USFWS completed a comparative evaluation of electrofishing control boxes, available online. Based upon that evaluation and recommendations from other agencies, a consortium of three western states have standardized on our unit for the Colorado River Recovery project. They currently have 28 boxes in use. The states of Illinois , Wisconsin, and other states have also standardized on our boxes for most regions.
All ETS Electrofishing systems are customizable to meet your organization’s needs. See detailed specifications and descriptions of our lake electrofishing equipment below. Boat hulls, booms, droppers, generators, and more are available through our custom boat manufacturers – we can supply a total system. All systems include a limited one-year parts and labor warranty.
MBS and TRIDENT Boat Series Specs
Pulsed-DC, Straight DC, 240VAC, and 480VAC waveform capabilities are available for both MBS and TRIDENT models.
240VAC generator-powered electrofishing boat systems.
A powerful tool for accurate sampling over a wide conductivity range.
|Weight, control box|| MBS: 32 lbs
TRIDENT: 37 lbs
|Dimensions||19” x 10” x 10″|
|Rated input power (standard 240 volt generator)||7200W|
|Output power, pulsed-DC peak (depends on Duty Cycle)||over 25,000W|
|Peak pulsed- DC voltage (2 or 3 voltage ranges) -fully adjustable in 1 volt increments,
MBS box has 2 voltage ranges (300, 600V nominal ) TRIDENT box has 3 voltage ranges (300,600,900V nominal)
*Peak voltage depends on load, duty cycle, and generator type. Voltage of over 1000V is achievable
when using a Trident box with a Honda 7000i generator and ETS Inverter Generator Filter.
|Peak current, pulsed-DC||MBS: 82 amps peak
82 amps LOW range
40 amps MED range
30 amps HIGH range
|Estimated conductivity range pulsed-DC (depends on dropper configuration, model, and settings)||MBS:
|RATE (cont. variable) – capable of producing the new experimental high frequency pulse rates||1 – 1,000 pps|
|DUTY cycle (continuously variable)||1 – 95%|
|Accuracy||± 2% absolute|
|RMS AC Voltage (std/optional with ext. transformer) (240VAC and 480VAC capabilities are options for both MBS and Trident models)||240/480VAC|
|RMS AC Current (std/optional with ext. transformer)||30/8A|
|“Shocking” time resettable LCD meter||min/sec or all sec|
Features and Options
- Heavy-duty, splash-resistant, galvanized steel control box with stainless steel front panel – Splash-resistant construction including controls, connectors, and displays
- Pulsed-DC (MBS-1D) or pulsed-DC/AC (MBS-2D) or AC-only (ACBS) versions available, Straight DC is also available as an option
- over 25,000W (peak pulsed-DC) with a 7200W or higher capacity generator (a smaller generator can be used with correspondingly less output)
- Nominally rectangular pulse output in pulsed-DC mode – 82 amp peak current standard
- Pulsed-DC rate from 1 – 1000 Hz; maximum duty cycle from 1 – 100% – All values continuously settable in one unit increments
- Up to 240VAC output in AC mode, 30 amps continuous – Optional 480VAC output, 8 amps continuous with separate booster transformer for use in low conductivity water – AC waveform is triac (dual SCR) controlled, 60 Hz only
- Straight DC optional
- Back-lit digital LCD metering of peak output current and peak output voltage (pulsed-DC mode), or true RMS current and voltage (AC mode) – Displays are NEMA-4 rated splash-proof and clearly visible day and night. Watt meter available as option.
- Accumulating operating-time electromechanical timer – Separate resettable, back-lit, shocking-time LCD timer
- Electronic over-current protection for pulsed-DC operation with LED over-current fault lamp – 30 amp input circuit breaker protection for AC and pulsed-DC operation
- Many options available for low-voltage single or multiple footswitch, safety pressure mat and lanyard interlock control
- Many boom/dropper configurations available including collapsible arrays for a wide range of water conductivities
- Standard 240V Honda or lower-cost generator options. Can be paired with super-quiet Honda 7000i generator and ETS Inverter generator filter.
- Standard or user-specified control box receptacles (if matching your existing boat wiring connectors)